https://www.local26.org/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2021-04-27-at-3.45.56-PM.png 1100 1402 UNITEHERELocal26 https://www.local26.org/wp-content/uploads/L26-logo-circle-tr-2022.png UNITEHERELocal262020-12-28 13:51:272021-11-02 14:14:49Boston Marriott Copley Boycott Press
How it started (Nov-Dec 2020):
- This article in the Boston Globe launched our campaign. (A copy of this article that is not behind a paywall can be found here)
- Accompanying coverage from The Boston Herald.
- We did a virtual press conference with Ed Markey.
- A by the numbers breakdown of how many workers were fired across which departments.
- We organized a toy drive for fired workers’ families. (Non-paywalled copy here)
The protests and attempts to vote in legislation (Jan-Apr 2021):
We officially launch the boycott and start reaching out to customers (Ongoing):
- An early Globe article announcing our intent to boycott. (Non-paywalled copy here)
- Boston Globe article officially announcing the boycott and featuring banquet server Adi. (Non-paywalled copy here)
- Accompanying Boston Herald coverage featuring housekeeper Elizabeth.
- Endorsements from Senator Warren and Mass Attorney General Maura Healy.
Why we know this is a fight we can win:
- The Four Seasons fights similar termination conditions early in the pandemic, and wins. (An equivalent non-paywalled article can be found here)
- The Nine Zero fires and quickly rehires their workers following pressure from the public, politicians, and investors. (Non-paywalled copy here)