Local 26 Chartered Legal Services
Provided by Regan Associates
What is it?
The Local 26 Chartered Legal Services plan provides the services of attorneys to Local 26 members.
Am I eligible?
You must be enrolled in the Local 26 Health Fund and Benefit Funds in order to be eligible to use Regan Associates chartered legal services. If you have questions about your eligibility you can call the Trust Office at 617.451.0318
How do I get services?
Contact Regan Associates at 617.367.1100 and ask to open a case. They will verify your eligibility and guide you through the process of opening a case.
Can my dependents use the legal services?
Some, but not all, dependents are covered for legal services. In order to be eligible, your dependents must be enrolled in the Local 26 benefits plan.
Covered spouses, domestic partners, children under age 19 and disabled adult child dependents are eligible to use the legal services plan. Covered children age 19 and over are not eligible to use the legal services plan.
What services are availible?
- General Legal Consultation
- Advice and Consultation
- Legal Document Review
- Wills and Codicils
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Closings
- Mortgage Foreclosure Assistance
- Post-Closing Disputes
- Zoning Violations
- Property Owner Covenants
- Consultation and Negotiation of Tenant & Lease Issues
- Landlord/Tenant Court Appearance
- Probate and Administration of Estates
- Estate Administration
- Probate of Estate
- Contested Will Litigation
- Domestic and Family Matters
- Divorce or Annulment
- Support Actions
- Ante-Nuptial and Property Settlement Agreements
- Name Change
- Birth Certificates
- Child Neglect
- Custody Actions
- Visitation Actions
- Juvenile Court Proceedings
- Contracts and Consumer Matters
- Consumer Contracts
- Motor Vehicle and Traffic Matters
- Court and Department of Motor Vehicle Proceedings
- Driving Under the Influence
- Operating After Suspension
- Operating After Revocation
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Personal Injury and Property Damage Claims
- Reduced Cost Contingent Fee Cases
- Insurance Claims Assistance
- Criminal Matters
- District Court Defense
- Superior Court Defense
- Immigration Matters
- Advice and Consultation
- Visa Petition Preparation
- Alien Relative Petition
- Political Asylum Petition
What services are NOT available?
Regan Associates will not represent you in a case against the Union (Local 26, the UNITE HERE National or International Unions), fellow Local 26 Union members, or against any participating employer. This is to avoid any conflict of interest that these cases may involve.